I started a series of Skin heroes and the first post was about Cleansers; you can (re)read it here. Now it’s time we go to the next level – toners. I’ve been using toners on and off until 2017, but last year I realized what a huge difference they do to my face. So I worked towards finding the best ones and started to use them religiously. The results were quite amazing. I prefer soothing, caring toners, but I don’t say no to a nice exfoliating one either. We’ll cover each of them in a moment. For now, just admire these 5 skin heroes in the photo below!
Here’s my opinion on these beauties below:
- Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner – Probably my most beloved product of the second half of 2017, when I discovered it. Great texture, pleasant smell, not too liquid, slightly more dense than water, leaves my skin plump and happy. I use it both AM and PM and can’t get enough of it.
- Andalou Naturals – Clementine + C Illuminating Toner (the packaging changed in the meantime) – Citrusy spritzy little potion. It’s not quite little, I’ve had this one for a while and it’s still going strong. Keeps my face fresh, absorbs super quickly, works great with my other skin heroes.
- La Roche Posay – Serozinc – Spritzy zincy potion, super hyped in the skincare world. Works like a charm if my skin is upset. It’s soothing and calming, highly recommend it for oily & combination skin. Mine is quite normal now, so it’s no longer used daily.
- Secret Key – Rose Floral Softening Toner – New discovery, a pleasant rosy one. Water consistency, smells like roses (might not be for your if you’re not a fan), soothing, works great with my other toners. Use it in the AM mostly.
- The Ordinary – Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution – Precious little jewel from The Ordinary. I left it aside during summer-fall, re-added it to my routine and praising it ever since. It’s like a Photoshop tool or a filter you apply on your face in the evening and next day everything is better. I love it a lot!
I am working on having a routine post up soon, so you’ll see how I combine these and use them together. In case you have suggestions for skin heroes, please send them over. I’d be happy to see what you have!by